Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...HALLOWEEN

Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday of the year. There's so much whimsy in dressing up in costume...to be someone other than yourself for the night - be it funny, slutty, scary. I just love the fantasy in it all. 
It's also an amazing excuse for girls to dress like whores and guys to dress in drag and have everyone be ok with it. 
Thus, I give you some celeb Halloween costumes to peruse for your October 31st enjoyment today!

Laziest Costume of the Year: Lea Michele "The Swan Queen\Black Swan"
 No joke, the party I was at on Friday had 5 - yes 5 - Black Swans...and 1 Swan Queen. 
I don't know about you guys, but my anxiety around Halloween only comes from the thought of "crap, what if someone else shows up in the same costume? Will mine be better? I can't half-ass this." Lea Michele did an ok job here -- she actually kind of looks like Natalie Portman from a glance even. But, my God, I saw some really lazy Black Swans. Like, threw on some black flats, black tights, black skirt (not even a tutu), black top, tiara and some black eye makeup. And that upsets me.

Paris Hilton: "She-Ra"
 You know, just recently I was thinking to myself, "where is Paris Hilton? is she still alive? she has been undercover for an unusually long amount of time..." Yes, I actually think these things. Stop judging. 

Now about the costume: I love me some She-Ra Princess of Power. 80s throwback costumes always have my vote. 

Kim Kardashian: "Poison Ivy"
 Dear Kim, 
I am truly sorry about the whole divorce thing right now. Maybe you'll learn your lesson and get married for under $5,000 next time on a beach with your family and closest friends invited, no TV cameras. But I feel for you...everyone wants to find true love. If you need someone to get drunk with, give me a call.
Love, Juice

Sidebar: I was totally Poison Ivy for Halloween once. Evidence:
Yeah ok so not as elaborate as Kim's but, in my defense, 99% of my time that year was spent painting blue body latex onto my roommate. Seriously. She was Mystique from X-Men. 
Truth:


Ice T and Coco - "Hannibal Lector" and um....I got nothing.
The only thing wrong with this picture is I can't see all of Coco's ass. Or her camel toe.


Bethenny Frankel: Hello Kitty Club Kid?
 Does Bethenny have a secret love affair with Hello Kitty as much as I do?? Because I'm seriously obsessed. Looking at her in a whole new way now.


The Most Elaborate Costume of the Year: Heidi Klum "The Body Exhibit" 


Please see "dedication" in the dictionary. 
Particularly because she still rocked 5 inch heels in this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment