Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Juice...according to Jackie - 2012 Grammys

HOT DAMN! 


Princess Ri Ri
JUST. ABSOLUTE. FIRE
My initial reaction upon seeing this gorgeous creature was "Full.On.Boner." Rihanna never ceases to ooze the perfect amount of sex appeal. Everything about this look is perfect - hair, makeup, skin showing in all the right places; even her shoes are dope. 
Look up "killing it" in the urban dictionary and you'll see this pic of Ri Ri. 

Listen, even my mom is feeling it: 
"I hear ya." 



Carrie "White Hot" Underwood
I predicted early on in the night that Carrie would have my favorite look of the evening...so outside of me wanting to have sex with Rihanna (whew. there, I said it), this prediction stuck. Carrie is werking that white sparkle. I particularly love the modest front and the peek of open back. Classy yet still sexy.
Total stunner. 



Queen of the Night: Adele 

When it is basically YOUR night, you have to come with the goods and Adele did not disappoint. The sparkle on her Armani Prive gown was incredible...just watching her move in it was jaw dropping. Even her performance, in a Clements Rebeiro cocktail dress, was flawless. And speaking of flawless, who does this chick's makeup? Because I want to marry them. Man or woman, think about it - if I had someone who could make me that gorgeous every day would be the the gift that never stops giving. 



Don't Hate Me Because I LOVE It: Corinne Bailey Rae
I am 100% obsessed with this Christian Siriano piece of art. It is fabulous. It's so much fun and, even at a cocktail length, it still exudes red carpet awards show class. In the famous words of Mr. Siriano: "FIERCE."



Katy "Don't be Blue" Perry
Insert all the Smurf jokes you want here (yeah her hair looks like my grandma's bad box hair dye) but this dress is just bananas beautiful. The craftsmanship of the sequins and lace, the way it moved with her body...and that train! Ugh. Gorgeous. Thank you Katy for rocking the red carpet hard after a public breakup. There's nothing that makes me happier.



Taylor "Beanstalk" Swift
I wasn't sure about the gold brocade fabric at first, but the more pics I see, the more I'm feeling this Zuhair Murad. The cap sleeve, high neck and open chest is really interesting, especially on such a thin creature like Taylor. My initial reaction was "this chick is TALL" but then I also realized she was standing next to Bruno Mars. So....yeah.



Adam "Lose the Girlfriend and Let's Talk" Levine
 Gentlemen, THIS is how you wear a suit. Me likey.




Juiciest Couple of the Night: Alicia Keys and Swizz Beats
There's so much swag in this pic, I can't even hang. Swizz's grape velvet jacket with matching bowtie are out of control hot. Alicia took a fairly simple LBD* and spiced it up with a bold collar necklace. I sweat these two big time. More than anything, it's great to see a couple work their own style yet still flow nicely together. I hate that matchy-matchy Justin Timberlake\Britney Spears dating era "let's rock matching denim outfits" shit. You totally know what I'm talking about.

sidebar: fairly certain those are the same heels Rihanna's got on as well. I need. 

*little black dress



Don't Hate Me Because I Dig It: Skylar Grey
 I'm reminded of a Family Guy episode:

Peter - "Have fun at the spa girls."
Meg - "I'd rather choke myself on seaweed and die."
Peter - "Ooooooh you are dark!"

Yeah.
But seriously, I really do love the dress. Maybe not for the Grammy's but, hey, who is she anyway, right? 
 And I might need to borrow those shoes.



Juice Crush: Foo Fighters
 Most importantly, Dave Grohl. I mean, the guy is just so awesome. If we dated we'd probably sit around and watch Bravo (I read he's into Real Housewives, for real) and drink beer and he'd serenade rock ballads to me and we'd just laugh all night long. Then I'd make him take a shower before we got into bed.


Julianne "Beard" Hough
 This is an "eh" post. I don't love it and I don't hate it. I'm just contractually obligated to include Julianne on here because of some memo I received in the mail from Ryan Seacrest Productions that said....I mean.....she looks absolutely stunning, fabulous, gorgeous, best look of the night, dying over her, shutting it down.
Whew. Dodged a bullet there.



The Civil Wars
You're damn right I had no clue who these two were before last night and you're damn right I downloaded their album as soon as I found out. Zero shame. 
They had, hands down, the coolest performance of the night, and done in only a minute.
Dude also has a real sexy Johnny Depp thing going on. Which I dig, obvs.


Ice T and Coco Clean Up Nicely
I have to say, I'm not quite comfortable living in a world without Coco's cameltoe exposed.



Kelly Rowland
 Kelly Rowland looking good looking like Alicia Keys.



Kings of Ironic, I mean, Leon
I haven't witnessed such an awkward interview since Will Ferrell won his first race in Talladega Nights and didn't know what to do with his hands. High as a kite or disinterested as hell...either way, these guys are bloody gorgeous. 


Kelly "Silver Fox" Osbourne
 I realize I've been hating on Kelly recently. But come on, when you're a panelist on E! Fashion Police, it's like you have a free pass on the red carpet. Sort of like  if you're banging Ryan Seacrest... *coughJulianneHoughcough* 
But I give props where props are due and Miss O is glitztastic fabulous. There's a little bit of a "vagina thing" going on with her draping in the midsection, but I'm gonna overlook it. I also am totally feeling her hair, finally. It took awhile, but she's found that good place between grey and purple.



LL Smooth J
 The LL Cool J Drinking Game:
drink every time he licks his lips
(which, in theory, should get everyone hammered after the first five minutes)

Amazing concept, but the game turned out to be a bit of a fail, meaning he rocked a decent chapstick and we also didn't see a whole lot of him. 
All good, though...I still drank. And let's be honest, do these awards shows really need a host anyway? Not really. Sort of unnecessary...kind of like sideline reporters. 


Jessie J
 I want to put on some roller-skates and get my all-skate groove on under this disco ball. This is a good thing. I really do love this dress. And I really love roller skating. 



Leather. Mini. Shorts.
 Dear Chris Brown, 
I win.
Love, Ri Ri

No comments:

Post a Comment