Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Am I a Hoarder?

This, ladies and gentlemen, was found during my "wardrobe purge" today.

Feast your eyes upon my New Year's Eve top, worn to celebrate the end of an amazing year: 2000. I remember it all too well...
I was desperate for something sassy and, at this time, I was a freshman in college and the uber-trend was black pants -- I had like 800 pairs of black pants from Express.
Ironically, Express is exactly where I purchased this bad boy. The top obviously features some loud-as-hell ombre paillettes, BUT, what you're not seeing is that the back was OPEN. Tied together with two strings "to show off my sweet butterfly tattoo" at the time. I'm holding back the vomit as I type this, but seriously, isn't it hilarious to look back at past trends and wonder how something was cool? French cuffing jeans always comes to mind...

But let's get to the crux of the matter: what the hell am I still doing with this thing???

Was I planning to resurrect for when it's finally funny to dress like the 90s for Halloween? I have no idea. I literally have no answer for you all...other than...I may be a hoarder.

No comments:

Post a Comment